Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Nice Surprise

Yesterday morning I got mom up a bit later than normal. I had been going through boxes and was just really busy. The door bell rang and it was the UPS guy with a package for mom. I went upstairs and got her and brought her down in her p.j.'s, since we weren't going anywhere. I didn't even take much time on her hair. We got ready for breakfast then I remembered the package and gave it to her to open. I decided to take pictures even though we hadn't primped for them.


We read the card together and found out it was from Cecelia! Mom was so excited and couldn't believe that Cecelia had remembered her for her birthday.. but she had.

Cecelia mentioned how much she liked sitting by the fireplace with mom when she had been her caregiver. Here is the ol' fireplace with a makeover.

Mom opened one of the gifts..

..and found some cute, cuddly and warm slippers, which she promptly put on and wore for the rest of the day.

Then she opened the other box, trying not to tear the beautiful wrapping paper, as she unwrapped it.



This is what she found inside:

The cutest little ceramic blue bird. She loved it so much she brought it close to her mouth and gave it a little kiss.


Isn't it just the cutest?

She was so happy all day.. with her little blue bird on the table by her chair and her new slippers and lovely thoughts of her wonderful friend.

THANK YOU CECELIA!!!

3 comments:

CATHY said...

How thoughtful of Cecelia. I sure miss her. We have to figure out a way to get there next year!!!!

Cecelia said...

So glad mom got her present. She is very special to me. Love you. Cecelia

Unknown said...

What a thoughtful gift from Cecelia. Dore', you take such good care of her! I love to see and hear good things about you all.