Sunday, October 5, 2008

Last Sunday

Last Sunday our Women's Ministries Group from our church held a Fall Progressive Dinner. Our first stop was Cathy Murphy's home.

Each home had some fall decorations. Cathy had purchased some artificial mini pumpkins and acorns from Kohls. They looked really nice.















Beverly Brownell made the appetizers for us even though she was unable to attend. They were delicious. Mainly we just stood and mingled. I can't believe I didn't get pictures of all the people. I got to each place a little early with mom and took pictures before most of the others got there. There were over 40 women who attended the dinner.






The next home was Teena De Sousa's. She looks happy doesn't she? I think I would have been pulling my hair out. She was actually moving over the weekend and had to be out by Sunday. She only had two hours sleep the night before. She's a real trooper.





Her decorations were nice too.

We had pumpkin soup made by Lillian Li and a tossed salad and cabbage salad by Anna Smith. There are a few early birds in the pictures.




This is Anna sitting at a table with mom. Her daughter Melany is sitting next to Anna at the next table.


Next stop was Lillian Li's home. This is the wreath on her door.




Here she is getting the cranberry sauce out of the refrigerator. We basically had a Thanksgiving dinner with acorn squash made by Linda Hazly, corn, shepherd's pie made by Iris Cathey, Ocean Spray cranberry sauce & Worthington vegetarian smoked turkey that I made, a pasta salad made by Beverly Purcell, and some raspberry herbal iced tea. There was bread, butter, tea, and water on the tables.


They have a beautiful home and her decorations were really pretty.









Our last stop was Evelyn Choate's home for dessert.










There was pumpkin pie and apple pie from Costco and chocolate pound cake and chocolate fudge torte made my Susan Higgins. I didn't try the all but I'm sure they all were yummy! We had hot drinks.. but it was so hot that day I don't believe anyone had any. Hiloko Komaki had brought the tea and decorated little sugar cubes with royal icing. I wish I'd have gotten a picture of them. They were really cute. I was outside with my feet dangling in the pool. Evelyn loves to garden and most people were outside where it was a little cooler and it was a beautiful evening.. just about sundown.



I thought her decorations were the cutest! I guess I still love dolls. :)





The dinner started at 4:00 p.m. and ended at 8:00. We all had a great time visting and eating. We had four visitors and a couple of our new members and one of our old members who are trying to be vegetarian asked me for the recipe for the turkey. They want to make it for Thanksgiving. So, I have ordered a couple of cases of it and will have them over to show them how to make it. I also met some really nice people that are not members of our church but are friends of those that attended. Mom and I both had a great time but mom was ready for bed when we got home. She said we ate way too much. Each house seemed like a meal for her.

3 comments:

Dore' said...

I see the spaces between the writing and the pictures do matter. lol Oh well.. I'm still learning. At least I have the writing fixed so it's not centered.

CATHY said...

It all looks so good. I love Evelyns little scare crows. I saw some similar ones at Michaels. I should of bought one for my front yard.
Everyones decorations turned out...what fun!!!

Cecelia said...

Oh, it sounds like so much fun. I wish I had been there. You guys are having all the fun. That's not fair. The decorations looked so nice and the food sounds delicious.